How To Enclose Your Pool Every Winter
Do you want to use your swimming pool even in winter? Do you want to know how to make your swimming pool winter ready? If yes, then you have come to the right place.
One of the best ways to winterise your swimming pool is to get it enclosed by a pool enclosure. Pool enclosures are the structure that encloses a swimming pool. These encircling constructions are usually made of colossal glass or polycarbonate panels.
However, your job isn’t finished after enclosing the pool; to winterise your pool the right way, you have to follow a procedure. And that’s precisely what you will get here, along with other crucial details.
Why Should You Winterise Your Pool?
Most people don’t like to use their pools in chilling winters and leave them idle without any protection or a simple cover. It isn’t a good practice, and the resulting damages can cost a hefty sum.
The surface freezes can damage your classy and costly pool equipment. Because of the ice expansion phenomena, it can also find a way through the vinyl liners. All this can cause some irreparable damage and loss to your swimming pool and the area surrounding it.
Additionally, merely covering the pool wouldn’t suffice, and you might notice algae build up and chemical residue after winter gets over.
However, if your pool is winterised correctly, you won’t have to worry about surface freezes, algae build-up or any related issue.
The Procedure for Winterizing Swimming Pool
Here is a step-by-step process for winterising your pool-
- Ensure that the water chemistry is entirely balanced. It includes keeping a check on the pH, alkalinity and hardness of the water.
- Add a large shock dose of chlorine or non-chlorine for extended stability.
- Remove all the unnecessary equipment from the area.
- Drain all the filters, pimps or related equipment.
- Clean the pool properly, remove any debris and add algaecide.
- If you are not using a winter skimmer plate, then you must drain some water out of your pool.
- Lastly, you can install a pool enclosure and resolve most of your problems. This addition will minimise your cleaning and maintenance efforts both during winters and summers.
Benefits of Pool Enclosure
Now that you know the importance of pool enclosures in winterising our pool, let’s look at some other benefits.
- It ensures that your privacy is adequately maintained. It will also keep outsiders out of your pool by preventing them from getting in.
- Pool closures might be an excellent solution if you want a secure pool area and to protect yourself from any pool mishap.
- It will substantially decrease the amount of debris in your pool, which equals less work for you.
- Many enclosures are available on the market that helps the owner or user in heating the pool so that the swimming season can be extended.
- Covering your pool with good quality enclosures can increase your property rates exponentially.
Winterising your pool in the right way and using pool enclosures will help you in the long run. You will save on time and money spent on maintaining the pool.
Now that you know the process of winterising the pool and the benefits of enclosures of pools, make sure you do it properly.
Alison Lurie is a farmer of words in the field of creativity. She is an experienced independent content writer with a demonstrated history of working in the writing and editing industry. She is a multi-niche content chef who loves cooking new things.